Do you or your children sleep badly?
Do your children have recurring night terrors or nightmares or get anxious at bedtime?
Do you want peace of mind that your newborn baby or young children are sleeping in a healthy nursery or bedroom?
Are you wired but tired when it comes to bedtime?
Do you suffer from adrenal or chronic fatigue and never feel rested when you wake up?
I’ve been there – big time. And I know I can help you. I tried everything imaginable to put an end to the relentless night terrors my son suffered for about four years. It’s horrible to watch, you feel helpless and the sheer exhaustion a form of torture. So you have come to the right place because I investigated and tried everything all of which I cover in my comprehensive review.
Sources of problems
- Lighting – most modern lighting is composed of too much blue light which keeps us awake.
- Furniture – beds and cots are often made using synthetic materials and toxic glues which out-gas.
- Mattresses are usually made from polyurethane foam, which contain toxic flame retardants which we breathe in at night.
- Mattresses, pillows, electric blankets and doonas can also be contributing to house dust mites.
- Electro-magnetic fields (EMF) from baby monitors, cordless telephones, digital alarm cocks can be keeping you awake.
- Your flooring or your window dressings can be out-gassing chemicals into the air.
- The baby products or personal care items in your bedroom may not be as green or eco as you were led to believe.
- Heating systems and air conditioning units can be creating air quality issues.
The good news? It can all be sorted. I will guide you and give you all the support you need along the way. We take a staged approach trying one thing at a time and based on your concerns I will prioritise the steps for you. Creating a healthy bedroom does not mean getting rid of that brand new mattress or bedding you just bought, if it’s not the greenest option out there. We have hacks for that – simple hacks that will cost you nothing. We don’t need to be wasteful and regardless of your budget
What to expect from a Healthy Nursery or Bedroom Review
- An initial phone consultation to discuss your needs.
- Completion of a brief questionnaire.
- On-site healthy bedroom(s) or nursery review to assess items that may affect sleep: furniture, flooring, window dressings, mattress, baby or personal care products, fragrances, lighting, electronic devices, bedding etc.
- Testing of EMF, humidity and moisture in the bedroom(s) or nursery.
- Recommendation on water filters if needed.
- Verbal feedback on the day and recommended action steps.
- A video and report summarising results, impacts and recommendations.
Reportincludes a checklist of areas assessed with easily understandable prioritisation rating.
- Follow up phone calls and emails to check-in on progress and any concerns.
- You will receive an annual update of my recommended Green Personal Care Products Guide.
Prices start from $200 per bedroom depending on location.
Book your Nursery Review
Fill out this form and I’ll get back to you in a jiffy!
*Water and Air Quality Sampling are not usually necessary and are completely optional. They are additional costs to the standard site visit.
After the on-site Review, you will be able to dramatically reduce the chemicals out-gassing in your home. This is usually sufficient to negate the need for air quality sampling. However, air quality sampling can be extremely useful if mould appears to be a concern, you have health concerns or you will live close to an industrial area. Water quality analysis is not usually necessary for mains water if you are considering buying a water filter(s), but may be useful if you are using rainwater, tank or bore water or have specific health concerns.
Types of Home Assessments I Offer
Start Your Journey To A Healthy Home and Eco-Lifestyle
Living near power lines has been linked to serious health effects – particularly in children. Here’s the science and how to take action to avoid.
Fragrance can be found in your bin liners, bedding, personal care products, and plenty more but this concoction of chemicals needs to be considered! Is fragrance bad for you?