Asthma, eczema and hayfever plague about 20% of the Australian population and 1 in 3 children are affected by the age of 5. It is estimated that about 20% of the global population is allergic to house dust mites. Unfortunately, the presence of one allergy increases your chances of developing more.
The good news is, there are lots of changes you can make in your home to alleviate the problem and it doesn’t need to include toxic chemicals.
Sources of allergies & irritants
- Contaminants in your domestic water supply
- Skincare, fragrances and cleaning products
- Dust and house dust mites
- Pests such as cockroaches, mice and rodents
- Pets such as cats, horses, rabbits and dogs – about 10% of the population as a pet allergy.
- Petroleum by-products
- Pollen coming from outdoors – seasonal symptoms may be a clue here
- Tobacco smoke – unfortunately contains hundreds of chemicals
- Pesticide drift from outside or bought in on your shoes
Addressing the source of the issue is often enough to dramatically improve your symptoms. You have nothing to lose.
Give it a try and see what happens.
What to expect from an Allergens Assessment
- An initial phone consultation to discuss your concerns and needs.
- Completion of a brief questionnaire.
- Determination as to the requirement for air quality sampling* in consultation with you.
- On-site audit to assess possible causes of allergens.
- Verbal feedback on the day.
- A video and report including a checklist of hazards with a priority rating for action steps.
- Follow up phone call and email to check-in on progress and any concerns.
Prices start from $350 depending on location.
Book your Allergens Assessment
Fill out this form and I’ll get back to you in a jiffy!
*Air quality sampling is not usually necessary and is completely optional. It is an additional cost to the standard site visit. After the on-site audit you will be able to eliminate or dramatically reduce the hazards causing allergens in your home. This is usually sufficient negating the need for air quality sampling. However, air quality sampling can also be extremely useful if mould appears to be a concern.
Types of Home Assessments I Offer
Start Your Journey To A Healthy Home and Eco-Lifestyle
We associate air pollution with things like cars and chimney smoke. In reality, Our indoor air quality can be 10 times more polluted than outdoors
Fragrance can be found in your bin liners, bedding, personal care products, and plenty more but this concoction of chemicals needs to be considered! Is fragrance bad for you?
Allergic diseases have doubled in western countries over the last 25 years. It's hard not to notice, especially if you have school-aged children The causes or triggers of allergies and sensitivities are complex and often multi-factorial. They have baffled scientists...