Do you get a headache within minutes of sitting down to do some work?
Does a wave of exhaustion come over you just sitting at your desk?
Do you need endless cups of coffee or tea to keep you motivated and awake?
Do you want improve the productivity of your staff by making a few simple changes?
Or perhaps you want some advice on how to become a more sustainable green office?
I’ve been there. I’ve sat at my desk and on comes a headache. Or I’ve gone to my local library to get some peace and quiet and a wave of exhaustion descends on me. These seemingly small irritations can dramatically affect your productivity but they can be easily fixed.
What could be causing all this? Let’s have a look at where there could be room for improvement!
Sources of irritants
- The heating or air conditioning system could be impacting air quality.
- The office drinking water dispenser may not be as healthy as you thought.
- The cleaning products and anti-bacterial soaps might contain some toxic chemicals and fragrances.
- Wireless devices could be affecting your concentration.
- The lighting system may be energy efficient but not necessarily the best for concentration and focus.
- The choice of office supplies: stationary, printer, ink, paper etc might not be the best eco-friendly or green options around.
- The office waste management practices could be improved through simple tweaks in how you manage food waste or plastic.
But don’t fear. With my eco-coaching and office experience, I can show you how to remedy much of this really quickly. You may not want to remove your brand new lighting or heating system (that’s just wasteful) but I can give you many hacks. Simple, easy, hacks to improve yours and your staff’s productivity. I can give you recommendations on cleaners who use green products or give you a list of my approved Green Products Guide.
What to expect from a Small Business or Home Office Review
- An initial phone consultation to discuss your needs.
- Completion of a brief questionnaire.
- On-site office review to assess items that may be affecting productivity: fragrances, cleaning chemicals, lighting, wireless connections and devices, furniture, flooring and water quality etc.
- Verbal feedback on the day and a list of recommended actions steps including water filter if needed.
- A video and report summarising results, impacts and recommendations.
- Report includes a checklist of items assessed with an easily understandable prioritisation rating.
- Follow up phone calls and emails to check-in on progress and any concerns.
- You will receive an annual update of my recommended Green Cleaning Products Guide.
Prices start from $300 depending on location.
Book your Review
Fill out this form and I’ll get back to you in a jiffy!
Water and Air Quality Sampling are not usually necessary and are completely optional. They are additional costs to the standard site visit.
After the on-site Review you will be able to dramatically reduce the chemicals out-gassing in your office. This is usually sufficient to negate the need for air quality sampling. However, air quality sampling can be extremely useful if mould appears to be a concern, there are health concerns or you work close to an industrial area. Water quality analysis is not usually necessary.
Types of Home Assessments I Offer
Start Your Journey To A Healthy Home and Eco-Lifestyle
Waking up early might seem a struggle for some of us but the benefits of morning sun far outweigh the negative feeling of that alarm! Here’s why
We associate air pollution with things like cars and chimney smoke. In reality, Our indoor air quality can be 10 times more polluted than outdoors
Smart meters are being rolled out worldwide, including Australia. Do smart meters cause health problems though? Here’s the evidence you should know about before allowing a smart meter to be installed on your home.